AC Tune-Up in Tucson, Oro Valley, Marana, Sahuarita, Vail, AZ and Surrounding Areas
Why Schedule a Tune-Up?
We do our due diligence when it comes to maintaining and tuning up our cars, but what about your home’s heating and cooling system? That one may have slipped through the cracks. Our AC systems we often take for granted and expect them to just, well, work! What most of us don’t know is that you’re heating and cooling system, just like your car, needs maintenance and tune-ups too! Without regular tune-ups, our air conditioning systems would never survive Arizona’s hot summers. Spring will come and go, and Summer will be here before you know it! Make sure you’re ready with an affordable maintenance plan today!
Efficiency For Maximum Cooling
If your AC is running at efficiently, it will provide the most amount of cooling it possibly can for the energy that it is consuming. But the fact is that many systems don’t run at their peak potential mainly because people neglect to take care of their equipment.
5 Signs Your AC Needs a Tune-Up
1. Your AC Is Louder Than Normal
After a long winter of no use, your AC might need a pick me up! An unusually loud AC could mean several things, but the most common issues are typically related to lose screws, motor malfunctions, debris build-up, and bent blades.
- Screws hold your system in place, so if you’re noticing an increase in noise level, it could be a sign a few of those have fallen loose. Ensuring they are all in the right place is key for the overall health and functioning capabilities of your system.
- Unlike your car, your AC is made up of multiple motors. Different noises often indicate where the malfunctioned motor is. For example, a grinding noise could relate to an issue with your fan motor. Our heating and cooling specialists do a great job diagnosing and solving issues like this. If you’re noticing strange noises, give AIR4U a call!
- Having debris caught in your AC unit can create some strange noises. Turn off your AC unit and clean in and around the area. Trim any surrounding hedges and remove any twigs or branches that may cause problems.
- A bent blade can oftentimes be the culprit for a noisy AC unit. Look at the blades on your unit. Take note if any appear to be bent. Even the slightest bend can cause the blade to rub against the inside of the unit-causing the loud noise.
2.Your AC is Blowing Warm Air
The last thing you want is your AC to be blowing warm air into your already hot home. If you’re experiencing warmer air, the first place to check out is your air filter. The air filter is one of the most important components of your air conditioning system. When you’re dealing with a dirty air filter your airflow can be affected. When the air can’t flow properly throughout your air conditioning system, it can make the air feel warmer. If you can confirm it’s not an air filter issue, check your thermostat to make sure the air conditioning is on, and the batteries are good. This seems silly, but it oftentimes is the case.
3.Strange Smells Coming from your AC
If you ever got home from a scorching day in the sun and turned your AC on only to be wafted with a horrible smell in the air? So, what are the causes of this horrible smell that lingers? Dirty condenser coils can build up grime and dust. When your AC fires up, it blows air over these coils, so if they are caked in dirt and bacteria, you’ll be able to smell it. Another issue could deal with your air filtration quality. If your air filters aren’t protecting your home from outside air and bacteria, foul odors can fill your home. Our heating and cooling specialists can help you to determine whether your filtration system is working for your home.
4.Weak Outflow of Air
If you notice cool air isn’t reaching its destination, it could be a sign that there is something going on with your air ducts. This could also have to do with your air filters, so if you’ve replaced these already, it’s safe to assume that isn’t the case here. If one of your air ducts is leaking, you are wasting precious air! And no, duct tape is not the answer here!
Uneven cooling temperatures throughout your home shouldn’t go unnoticed. Ensure that if there are windows or doors in rooms with uneven temperatures are properly sealed. If you don’t notice the temperature evenly distributing, it might be a good idea to contact AIR4U. They will be able to properly diagnose where the issue lies within your air conditioning unit.
What Do We Check During an AC Tune-Up?
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check refrigerant
- Check belt and adjust tension
- Meter voltage and amperage
- Check filters
- Check lock-out circuits and starting contactor
- Check condensing unit wiring
- Clean and adjust thermostat
- Check condensate drain
- Adjust exposed dampers to cooling position
Call Today To Talk To Our Friendly Team
If you’d like to talk to us about air conditioning replacement in Tucson, Marana, Oro Valley, AZ, and the surrounding areas, reach out today. We are excited to help you with your installation from start to finish. We will be there for you at the very beginning until the end, supporting you the entire time. Call us at (888) 702-4748 or text us at (520) 277-7747! to get started!